Meenakshi Temple, Thiruparankundram Temple, Alagar Temple, Hills of the Solai Jungle, Thirumalai Nayak Palace, Gandhi Museum
Validity period : 01-Jun-2018 to 30-Sep-2018
2800 Per CoupleBook Now
A Day Tour of Madurai
Key Sight :
Meenakshi Temple, Thiruparankundram Temple, Alagar Temple, hills of the Solai jungle, Thirumalai Nayak Palace, Gandhi Museum.
Enjoy your private tour along with a well-versed guide and skilled driver Pickup and drop-offVisit the Dravidian temples.
Tour Itinerary Details
Our representative will introduce you to your well-versed guide at your desired place in Madurai such as the airport, railway station or hotel. Begin your cultural tour by visiting Meenakshi Temple, which is one of the most remarkable landmarks of Madurai - the temple city. The temple is dedicated to one of the form of goddess Parvati called “Meenakshi.” There is also a shrine for her consort Siva, known as Sundareshwarar. This captivating temple has been made using south Indian Dravidian architectural style.
There are four temple towers crowning the gateways at all its major direction. These towers are visible from a distance, each of which is coated with numerous colorful sculptures representing mythological and auspicious themes. There is a traditional belief that one should enter through the southern gateway and worship the Goddess before Lord Shiva (her consort).
Then you will move towards Thiruparankundram Temple, nestled atop a hillock around 8 km away from Madurai. It is dedicated to Lord Muruga and is considered as one among the six sacred abodes of the Arupadai Veedu. Mentions about this temple can be seen in the ancient scriptures from 6th century AD.
After that, you will visit Alagar Temple, which is located 20 km away from the city. The temple is dedicated to God Vishnu. Being situated in the hills of the village of Alagarkoil, fresh water for the God is carried by the priest from a natural stream flowing there. Also learn about the popular Chithirai Festival, celebrated every year in Madurai in the first Tamil month - Chithirai (April). It signifies the wedding of Goddess Meenakshi and God Sundareswarar.
Your next visit will be at Pazhamudhir Solai, which is considered as a prominent temple for Lord Karthikeya. This temple is located in the hills of the Solai jungle, near Alagar Koil. Pazhamudhir Solai is another temple among the group of shrines of Arupadai Veedu.
Visit this large and beautiful temple before proceeding towards the Thirumalai Nayak Palace. It had two parts- Swargavilasa or the heavenly pavilion made for the King’s Harem and court (durbar), and the Ranka Vilasa (made for his brother). No one is allowed to enter the roof.
Before returning back, visit the Gandhi Museum and spend some time there. You will then be drop off at the point of your departure where our tour representative will bid you goodbye. This will be the end of your cultural day tour in the city of Madurai by early evening.
- Accommodation in well appointed room mentioned in the above hotel or similar category on twin sharing basis.
- Daily Buffet / Fixed Menu breakfast as per plan mentioned in the package.
- A/c Sedan car for all surface transfers & sightseeing (Non A/c for Economy& Standard Package) for the above mentioned destinations.
- All applicable hotel & vehicle taxes, toll, parking fees, permit charge etc.
- Any meals other than those mentioned above package.
- Any Airfare / Train fare to the arrival or from the departure point.
- Cost due to upgrading /changing hotels, Room type, luxury cars etc.
- Any additional transportation which is not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Entrance fees to Amusement parks, Boating & other theatre show charges.
- Any portage at airports and hotels, tips, insurance, wine, mineral water, telephone charges, and all items of personal nature.
- Any services not specifically mentioned in the inclusions.
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, and vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances etc.
Terms & Conditions
- 1. Guests are requested to visit hotels websites & hotel reviews before giving permission to Own Kerala for booking the hotels.
- 2. Own kerala tours will confirm the hotels only after getting the advance payment from guest.
- 3. Hotels given in the website / offered in the quotation to you is subjected to availability after the realisation of your advance payment.
- 4. Own kerala tours will book and give almost similar category hotels with your permission, if offered hotels are not available at that time.
- 5. Hotels once booked can be changed only as per the cancellation policy of hotels. All such cancellation charges will be charged to guest directly.
- 6. Usually vehicle is available from 8.00 am to 6.30 pm. We never recommend night drive on safety point of view.
- 7. we provide early / late driving on urgent basis /special cases, but it should be mentioned in the final literary sent to you.
- 8. In Deluxe houseboat’s, a/c will be operated from 9 pm to 6 am in bed rooms.
- 9. Houseboat check in time is 12 noon and check out is at 9 am. Houseboat will not make cruise from 5.30 pm to 7.30 am.
- 10. All guests are requested to give menu to houseboat people before one day in advance to prepare for you.
- 11. If any complaints related to the quality/service to the house boat, should be raised at the time itself, then only we can rectify and solve.
- 12. Cancellation of all packages will be applicable as per own Kerala cancellation policy which is shown in the website.
- 13. There will be a Peak season hike in rate from December 20 to January 10 in every year.
- 14. Our Liabilities & Limitation: Please note that after the finalization of the Tour/Service Cost, if there any hike in entrance fees of monuments/museums, taxes, fuel cost or guide charges by Government of India the same would be charged as extra.
- 15. Law & Jurisdiction: For all complaints, suits, claims or disputes of whatsoever nature relating to any products offered by the Travel Planner will be under the exclusive jurisdiction of Court of Ernakulam.