Chennai - Tirupati - Kanchipuram - Mahabalipuram - Pondicherry - Chidambaram - Tanjore - Madurai - Rameshwaram - Kanyakumari - Kovalam - Trivandrum
Validity period : 01-Jun-2018 to 30-Sep-2018
41500 Per CoupleBook Now
12 Days - South India Temple Tour
Highlights of Tour :
- Parthasarathy Temple, Marina Beach, Kapaleeshwar Temple in Chennai.
- Varadharaja Perumal Temple, Kamakshi Amman Temple at Kanchipuram.
- Auroville township, French war memorial, Promenade Beach, Pondicherry.
- Meenakshi Amman Temple and Tirumalai Nayak Palace at Madurai.
- Sunset view of Kanyakuamri Shore.
- Beaches of Kovalam.
The itinerary of 12 days South India Temple Tour will take you through the ancient temples of South India in 12 days. SouthIndia is known as the “world-class temple destination” for its huge collection of temples. Exquisitely designed temples have unique stones or wooden carved figures. The intricate architecture and idols hold religious importance. These are sources of religious teachings, culture and divine powers. These glorious temples are frequented by tourists from all over the world to perform poojas or rituals. Take on this divine journey in the fascinating destinations of South India. You can get this itineraries customized according to your needs.
Day 1: Arrival at Chennai
Upon arrival at Chennai International airport, you will be welcome by Travelogy India Representative. Transfer to hotel, Check in formalities. Overnight at Chennai.
Day 2: Chennai Sightseeing
Time to visit capital city of Tamilnadu, Chennai on coromandel coast. Kick off Chennai sightseeing with Parthasarathy Temple, Kapaleeshwar Temple and Adeeswar Temple and more. Relax on Marina beach, one of the longest of world's beach ranking. Later Drop to hotel, Overnight at Chennai.
Day 3: Chennai – Tirupati - Chennai ( by Car )
Begin journey with one of the holiest Hindu Pilgrimage Tirupati Temple located in the hill town of Tirumala. Temple dedicated to Lord Sri Venkateswara, an incarnation of Vishnu. It is richest temple in the world in terms of donations received. After Darshan at Temple and head back to Chennai city.
Day 4: Chennai - Kanchipuram - Mahabalipuram ( by Car )
Today we will explore two famous Heritage and Architecture cities Kanchipuram and Mahabalipuram. While going Mahabalipuram, Kanchipuram falls inbetween. Kanchipuram offers sightseeing of Varadharaja Perumal Temple, Ekambareshwrar temple, Kamakshi Amman Temple. If time permits visit to silk weaving factories of Kanchipuram. On arrive at Mahabalipuram visit to UNESCO heritage listed group of monuments recognized at World Heritage sites.
Day 5: Mahabalipuram – Pondicherry ( by Car )
Having your breakfast leave for Pondicherry the treasure and rich history and culuture Admire architecture of Auroville township, Sri Aurobindo Ashram, famous promenade beach and Manakula Vinayagar Devasthanam Temple, Mahatma Gandhi Statue and French war memorial. Evening French colony walk. Back to hotel, Night spend at Pondihcerry.
Day 6: Pondicherry - Chidambaram - Tanjore
Drive to city of Great living Chola Temples Tanjore. But before that en route visit to Thillai Natraja Temple located in a town Chidambaram. Temple is major shrine of Lord Shiva worship since the classical period. Continue your drive to Tanjore, Overnight at Tanjore.
Day 7: Tanjore - Trichy - Madurai
Start your day with 1000 year old Brihadeeshwar Temple, Great living chola Temples and leave for glorious city of Madurai. En route visit to Tiruchirappali, once the part of chola Kingdom. Visit sculpted temples and Fortress of Trichy. Begin with Jambukeswarar Temple, Sri Rangnathaswamy Temple and Rockfort temple. Drive to Madurai continue. On arrive check in to hotel. Overnight at Madurai.
Day 8: Madurai Sightseeing
Full day at leisure to explore this wonderful city. Choose from pilgrimage site Meenakshi Amman Temple, historical monument Tirumalai Nayak Palace being the most prominent. Back to hotel relax for while. Post dinner take you to Meenakshi Temple once again to attend Madurai temple night ceremony. Overnight spend at Madurai.
Day 9: Madurai – Rameshwaram
Head to Rameshwaram situated one and only island seprated from mainland India. Here pay your visit to Ramnathaswamy Temple dedicated to the Hindu god Rama. Post darshan and pooja ceremony at temple back to hotel and night spend at Rameshwaram
Day 10: Rameshwaram - Kanyakumari
This morning follow scenic drive known from Rameshwaram to Kanyakuamri a costal town. Enroute visit to Thiruchendur Murugun Temple. Continue drive to Kanyakumari. On arrive enjoy sunset view of Kanyakuamri shore. Overnight at Kanyakuamri.
Day 11: Kanyakumari - Kovalam
There is time this morning to explore pilgrimage sites and historical significant places of Kanyakuamri. Visit Kanyakumari Amman Temple, Thiruvallur statue and Gandhi Mandapam. Leave for Kovalam a beach destination. Rest of the day relax at beaches. Overnight at Kovalam.
- Accommodation in well appointed room mentioned in the above hotel or similar category on twin sharing basis.
- Daily Buffet / Fixed Menu breakfast as per plan mentioned in the package.
- A/c Sedan car for all surface transfers & sightseeing (Non A/c for Economy& Standard Package) for the above mentioned destinations.
- All applicable hotel & vehicle taxes, toll, parking fees, permit charge etc.
- Any meals other than those mentioned above package.
- Any Airfare / Train fare to the arrival or from the departure point.
- Cost due to upgrading /changing hotels, Room type, luxury cars etc.
- Any additional transportation which is not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Entrance fees to Amusement parks, Boating & other theatre show charges.
- Any portage at airports and hotels, tips, insurance, wine, mineral water, telephone charges, and all items of personal nature.
- Any services not specifically mentioned in the inclusions.
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and flight delays, roadblocks, and vehicle mal-functions, political disturbances etc.
Terms & Conditions
- 1. Guests are requested to visit hotels websites & hotel reviews before giving permission to Own Kerala for booking the hotels.
- 2. Own kerala tours will confirm the hotels only after getting the advance payment from guest.
- 3. Hotels given in the website / offered in the quotation to you is subjected to availability after the realisation of your advance payment.
- 4. Own kerala tours will book and give almost similar category hotels with your permission, if offered hotels are not available at that time.
- 5. Hotels once booked can be changed only as per the cancellation policy of hotels. All such cancellation charges will be charged to guest directly.
- 6. Usually vehicle is available from 8.00 am to 6.30 pm. We never recommend night drive on safety point of view.
- 7. we provide early / late driving on urgent basis /special cases, but it should be mentioned in the final literary sent to you.
- 8. In Deluxe houseboat’s, a/c will be operated from 9 pm to 6 am in bed rooms.
- 9. Houseboat check in time is 12 noon and check out is at 9 am. Houseboat will not make cruise from 5.30 pm to 7.30 am.
- 10. All guests are requested to give menu to houseboat people before one day in advance to prepare for you.
- 11. If any complaints related to the quality/service to the house boat, should be raised at the time itself, then only we can rectify and solve.
- 12. Cancellation of all packages will be applicable as per own Kerala cancellation policy which is shown in the website.
- 13. There will be a Peak season hike in rate from December 20 to January 10 in every year.
- 14. Our Liabilities & Limitation: Please note that after the finalization of the Tour/Service Cost, if there any hike in entrance fees of monuments/museums, taxes, fuel cost or guide charges by Government of India the same would be charged as extra.
- 15. Law & Jurisdiction: For all complaints, suits, claims or disputes of whatsoever nature relating to any products offered by the Travel Planner will be under the exclusive jurisdiction of Court of Ernakulam.